So one of our nearby customers called us and inquired as to whether we could do some printer investigating. They have a HP LaserJet Pro 400 M401dn for a system printer. The issue, it continues getting “Hp printer 79 service error “and the guarantee is terminated. This blunder message more often than not springs up when a print work is defiled. It can likewise be brought about by miscommunication between the spooler and the printer because of obsolete firmware.
It is an exceptionally regular issue on HP LaserJets so I dropped by the following day and looked at things. First thing I did was attempt the investigating guide that HP gave out in gatherings, however tragically it didn’t resolve the issue. Henceforth, I endeavored to deal with the printer issue dependent on my long stretches of understanding. Here I will share the means which settled administration blunder 79.
What you will need:
- Internet Access
- Admin Account (for the computer/s)
- Turn off the HP LaserJet Pro 400 printer.
- Check and Remove print employments from every one of the PCs that approach your system printer.
- In the space organize, check who claims each print work in “See What’s Printing” box.
- Sign in to every one of those records and attempt to expel them from the area arrange.
- In the event that regardless you drop the print employments by means of determined records, evacuate and include the HP LaserJet Pro 400 from the rundown in “Gadgets and Printers”.
Note:- Step 1 is sufficient for most cases but if the error still persist, proceed to the next steps.
Step 2 :
- Switch on the LaserJet Pro 400.
- Ensure the printer is associated with the web. You ought to have an Ethernet link running from the gadget to your switch or switch or modem.
- On the M401dn control board/screen, tap the “System” symbol.
- Check the IP address on the printer. On the off chance that it shows 192.168.XXX.XXX, it implies you are associated with your home system. Something else, check this guide in the event that you are getting something like 169.XXX.XXX.XX.
- Return to the home screen and tap the “Settings” symbol.
- Select LaserJet Update and check for firmware updates and make a point to get the most recent.
- Proceed by choosing the refresh. At that point, download and introduce.
After the firmware introduces, you ought to have the capacity to print once more. I do exceptionally suggest rebooting the HP LaserJet Pro 400 first to completely enact the new updates. Additionally, ensure that HP CF280a toner cartridge isn’t void to maintain a strategic distance from another printer bother.